Part of the Brain Injury Team
Tom is an Associate Solicitor and specialises in cases where adults have suffered brain injuries.
He is passionate about raising awareness of the issues impacting people who are brain injured, have suffered medical negligence or who have colostomies.
Tom is an expert in clinical negligence cases against NHS Trusts, GPs and private doctors. He represents both adults and children. He has acted for people who have suffered brain injuries for many different reasons, including those who did not receive appropriate treatment for DVT, meningitis or stroke.
Tom also has an interest in cases involving ostomates (people who have colostomies or ileostomies) whether necessitated by their brain injury or otherwise. Tom was inspired to get involved with the Colostomy Association through his case work and his realisation that the majority of people who have these life-saving operations find coming to terms with the result difficult because of societal stigma and ignorance.
He runs a book group for brain injured people on behalf of The Silverlining Charity. He has found being a focal point for attendees to come together and read (especially where some attendees had not read a book since their injury) very rewarding. So many of the challenges that brain injury presents can be overcome with perseverance and Tom enjoys the privilege of being a small part of such incredible achievements.
Tom has been called upon by the legal and national press to comment on a variety of issues, from significant case decisions to commenting on his own clients’ cases.
- Hospital wait liability – New Law Journal
- Supreme Court finds hospital negligent over misleading waiting time – Law Society Gazette
- Legal rulings not needed to remove life-support, London court says – Reuters
- Surgeon accused of negligence still with NHS – The Times
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) – Senior Litigator
- Acquired Brain Injury London member (ABIL)
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum (UKABIF)
- The Law Society of England & Wales