Part of the Brain Injury Team
Heather is a senior solicitor, specialising in personal injury claims, in the firm’s Adult Brain Injury team. She joined Bolt Burdon Kemp in January 2018 after gaining a number of years’ experience at another specialist firm.
Heather has been described by clients, colleagues and barristers as passionate and tenacious. She is dedicated to obtaining the best possible results for all of her clients, whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of service. She takes pride in truly listening to, and understanding, her clients’ individual needs. This is particularly pertinent when acting for adults who have suffered brain injury, as Heather knows each person’s injury manifests in very individual ways. Therefore her working relationships with her clients are adapted to suit their individual and differing needs.
Heather works in a team with Hokman Wong and Eilish Barry who assist Suzanne Trask, partner and Head of the Adult Brain Injury team at Bolt Burdon Kemp, with a broad variety of complex and high value adult brain injury cases. Some of the successful cases that Heather has worked on include representing:
- A pedestrian who suffered a severe brain injury in a road traffic collision which tragically left him in a minimally conscious state, with no prospect of ever regaining consciousness. The claim was successfully settled against the defendant’s motor insurer, despite their prolonged refusal to accept responsibility for the collision. The claim was settled for a significant six figure sum.
- An adult who suffered a subtle brain injury in a tripping accident, which left her with lifelong, significant injuries including memory loss and personality change. The claim was successfully settled against the local authority, who were responsible for maintaining the site where the accident occurred, despite them never formally admitting any wrong-doing on their part.
- An adult who suffered a severe brain injury in an accident at work, which involved him falling from a ladder at height. His employer accepted responsibility for the accident at an early stage. However the extent of his injuries, and the value of his claim, were heavily disputed by his employer all the way up through the court process, until a few weeks before trial. His claim was successfully settled out of court for a six figure sum; an amount that reflected the awful and lifelong injuries he sustained.
Heather has extensive experience in cases involving road traffic collisions, accidents at work, public liability cases and occupier’s liability cases. She is particularly interested in, and passionate about, motorcycling claims where motorcyclists have fallen victim to other road user’s negligence, having obtained her own full motorcycling licence in 2015 and ridden ever since. Heather has dealt with a variety of motorcycling claims including:
- Motorcyclist injured by a negligent lorry driver
- Motorcyclists injured by negligent car drivers
- Motorcyclist injured because of defective and negligent road surface
- Motorcyclist injured because of defective and negligent motorcycle parts
Heather is a member of, and an accredited Litigator at, the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), a body dedicated to representing the interests of claimants who have suffered injury.
Heather completed her law degree at the University of Surrey in 2012 and her Legal Practice Course at the Guildford College of Law in 2013, where she passed with distinction; she has been in personal injury practice ever since.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers – Accredited Litigator
- Acquired Brain Injury London member (ABIL)
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum (UKABIF)
- The Law Society of England & Wales