At Bolt Burdon Kemp we specialise in serious accidents at work. We are recognised as one of the leading firms in this area by the independent Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. We have over 30 years experience of acting for employees who are injured at work and some common scenarios include:
- Falling from height
- Being struck by an object from height
- Injuries caused by defective machinery or equipment
- Lack of protective equipment or clothing
- Burns from toxic substances or scalding equipment
- Heavy lifting
- Lack of training
- Lack of staff
- Unsafe systems of work
- Defective premises
- Inappropriate, or lack of plant, tools, equipment
Whatever the scenario, if you have been involved in an accident at work and suffered a serious injury or developed an illness or disease, we will fight to obtain the highest possible compensation for you. In addition we will arrange for you to receive treatment or rehabilitation and advice about any welfare benefits you may be entitled to while you are off work and if you cannot return to your job because of the injuries suffered, we will arrange for you to receive vocational advice to help you get back to some form of work.
How do I win my work accident claim?
In assessing whether you have a work accident claim, we consider the duties placed on employers in relation to their employees’ health and safety at work.
In order to bring a successful work accident claim you must prove that:
- You are an employee/sub contractor of the company or person who injured you – this is not as easy as it sounds, especially if you are employed through an agency;
- You suffered an injury – this may be complicated if the work accident has aggravated a pre-existing medical problem rather than caused an entirely new condition;
- There was a breach of duty;
- Your work accident claim occurred less than 3 years ago (although there are some exceptions to this rule).