Part of the Child Abuse Team
Rebecca is a senior solicitor in the abuse department at Bolt Burdon Kemp. She joined the firm in 2011 as a newly qualified solicitor.
Rebecca predominantly acts for adults who have suffered sexual abuse in childhood in claims against the church, non-religious organisations such as the Ministry of Defence, the Scouts Association, schools and local authorities and many others that have taken advantage of their positions of authority. Rebecca also acts in claims against abusers in person. Her clients also include children who have been victims of abuse.
Rebecca also acts for a number of clients that have suffered neglect in childhood in claims against local authorities for social services’ failure to remove them at an earlier age.
In addition, she also maintains a personal injury caseload acting for victims of assault, sexual or otherwise, and assists with applications to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. This includes submitting reviews to the authority where initial applications have been wrongly rejected. She is proud to have a 100% success rate with these cases.
Rebecca is proud to be a Trustee of One in Four. This is a registered charity based in London which provides support and resources to those that have suffered sexual abuse and sexual violence.
- BDA v Domenico Quirino  EWHC 2974 (QB) – a claim for compensation for a client who suffered serious sexual abuse at the hands of her karate teacher. The abuse caused a delay to the commencement of her career and therefore a substantial loss of earnings.
- FKB v Derek Lampitt  EWHC 3368 (QB) – a claim for compensation for a client who suffered serious sexual abuse for a number of years in childhood. The court recognised the serious impact of the abuse upon our client and awarded her significant compensation to reflect this.
Media contributions and commentary
- Association of Child Abuse Lawyers
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers – Accredited as a Senior Litigator
- Association of Women Solicitors