Abbie is a Senior Associate Solicitor at Bolt Burdon Kemp. She qualified in May 2008 and has been with the firm since July 2011.
Abbie specialises in representing survivors of childhood sexual abuse in claims for compensation against numerous defendants, including the abuser themselves, the Scouts Association, religious organisations, schools and social services.
Abbie also represents adults who have suffered sexual abuse and sexual assaults and those who have suffered criminal assaults, in claims for compensation.
Abbie is particularly passionate about exposing the extent of childhood sexual abuse within the Scout Association and has successfully produced an interactive map, which contains data relating to over 300 scout leaders, who have been convicted of sexual offences relating to children. Abbie has also been interviewed by Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4 in relation to this issue and featured in the BBC Radio 4 documentary, Scout’s Honour on File on 4.
Abbie is a very experienced solicitor and a formidable opponent. She strives to provide a service to her clients which goes above and beyond in all aspects, from her approach through to out of hours accessibility. It is of utmost importance to Abbie that she offers all possible support to her clients throughout the legal process, so that they can trust her with their most sensitive information, feel listened to and valued and ultimately help them to move forwards with their lives once their claim has successfully concluded.
Abbie provides training on legal issues within abuse claims, such as the time limit for bringing claims and revenge porn.
Abbie read Law at Nottingham Law School. Abbie then completed the Legal Practice course at the College of Law, where she was awarded a distinction.
Watch Abbie’s client, Michelle, speak about how Abbie supported and guided her through her Abuse claim
- Trust “could have done more” to stop nurse who raped four women – ITV News
- Association of Child Abuse Lawyers Newsletter: Sexting – can victims claim damages in a civil court?
- Scout’s Honour? – BBC Radio 4
- Woman’s Hour – BBC Radio 4
- Scouts: Millions paid out over UK abuse in last 10 years, say lawyers – BBC News
- Court of Appeal reopens claims on child abuse duty of care – The Law Society Gazette
- Victims of ex-Watford physio feel club have ‘swept allegations under the carpet’ – The Athletic
- More than 250 convicted of child sexual abuse in UK and Ireland while in Scout movement – The Guardian
- More than 250 Scout leaders have been convicted of child sexual abuse – The Telegraph
- More than 250 people have been convicted of child sex abuse while working with the Scouts – Daily Mail Online
- Over £6m paid out to Scouts abuse victims in past decade, investigation finds – Civil Society
- Interactive map shows Scout leaders convicted of child abuse – Basingstoke Gazette
- Wave of sexual abuse claims expected to hit the Scouts as stories emerge on victim site – The Mirror
- Association of Child Abuse Lawyers
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers