Child Brain Injury Claims
Our highly empathetic and pro-active brain injury solicitors understand not only the devastation that can be caused to a family when a child suffers a brain injury but also the worries and concerns that you, as a parent, will have about your child’s future and your ability to meet their complex needs.
We will work closely and collaboratively with you to ensure that you and your child receive:
- Much needed practical and emotional support to help you and your child to adapt and cope with life following your child’s brain injury;
- Exceptional legal advice and step by step guidance as we tenaciously pursue your child’s claim;
- The compensation your child deserves to guarantee as far as possible that:
- They enjoy the best quality of life possible following brain injury and;
- You, as a parent, have peace of mind, knowing not only that sufficient funds will always be available to meet your child’s complex needs in the future, such as specialist care, therapy, treatment, equipment and accommodation but also that arrangements will be in place to ensure your child will be protected should anything happen to you.
Our focus is on providing specialist rehabilitation at the earliest possible opportunity (rather than following the conclusion of the claim) when it has the greatest potential to improve your child’s outcome. We understand that you will need funds to pay for essential equipment, adaptations to your home and specialist professional care for your child. Therefore, it is always our policy to seek interim payments of compensation, where possible, to help you to meet these expenses.
When funds are available we will work closely with you and an experienced paediatric brain injury case manager to identify your child’s care, therapy and equipment needs. This will ensure that the appropriate services are delivered in a coordinated and consistent way, maximising the benefit of these services to your child.
We are experienced at facilitating communication between, and working with you, your child’s school, education professionals, healthcare professionals and your local authority. The priority is to effectively meet your child’s educational needs and optimize their potential.
We are sensitive to the fact that in some cases of brain injury many of the difficulties experienced by your child may not be immediately obvious, particularly if there are no visible signs of disability. This could mean that the true extent of the challenges your child faces on a daily basis, such as problems with memory, word finding, information processing and behaviour, may be missed by the professionals involved.
We are experts at proving and communicating the full extent of your child’s injuries to:
- education professionals to ensure your child’s needs in school are understood and met; and
- to your opponent and to the court to ensure the compensation we claim for your child will meet their current and long-term care, therapy and treatment needs.