Cheryl is a personal injury solicitor and a Partner in the Child Brain Injury Team at Bolt Burdon Kemp. She has been with the firm since 2004.
Having spent many years representing claimants with a range of life-changing injuries, Cheryl now acts exclusively for children who have suffered brain injuries in accidents.
In order to complement her work on behalf of brain-injured children, Cheryl is an IPSEA-qualified special educational needs advisor.
Cheryl is recognised as a specialist in personal injury law. Cheryl has received acclaim over the years from two independent guides to the legal profession, The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners which recognise Cheryl as a key lawyer within the personal injury sector.
Chambers and Partners, 2024:
Cheryl Abrahams is a widely respected practitioner with extensive experience handling child brain injury claims. “Cheryl is kind, empathetic, professional and knowledgeable in her approach to both families and professions ” ,”She is always very clear about what is happening, offers great support and I really feel that she does put her all in and works with her clients’ best interests at heart”
The Legal 500 2023:
“Cheryl Abrahams is excellent, knowledgeable and highly personable”.
Previous entries for Cheryl in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 are as follows:
- “Cheryl Abrahams goes out of her way to explain things in detail – she is brilliant.” “She is always available to offer her support and knowledge.” – Chambers and Partners 2023
- “Very knowledgeable and client-focused. She has a strong reputation in the brain injury specialist field, and is strategic and impressive.” “A brilliant strategist.” – Chambers and Partners, 2022
- “Cheryl Abrahams is noted by clients are being “really understanding and responsive.” She is especially knowledgeable in the field of traumatic brain injury, and has extensive experience representing children in these cases.” – Chambers & Partners, 2018
- [an] “incredibly experienced” solicitor. “She’s got guts and she’s got judgement – she’s got everything you’d want in a lawyer.” – Chambers & Partners, 2017
- “[a] leader in the field of personal injury” – Chambers & Partners, 2016
- “a great strategist, and a genuine believer in her client’s causes”–The Legal 500, 2015
- “Fantastically strategic” – The Legal 500, 2014
- “An efficient and tenacious lawyer.” – The Legal 500, 2013
Cheryl’s clients report that they had “absolute faith from the word go” (Martin Burke) and were “treated with dignity and respect” (Mary Ann Monteith).
Cheryl is extremely passionate about her work on behalf of children with acquired brain injury. The Child Brain Injury Trust invited her to be a Special Ambassador to the charity in 2017 in recognition of her commitment and support.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (Senior Litigator)
- Child Brain Injury Trust
- Contact a Family
- Headway East London
- Acquired Brain Injury London member (ABIL)
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum (UKABIF)