Part of the Spinal Injury Team
Victoria is an Associate in the Spinal Injuries Team.
Victoria specialises in acting for adults and children who have suffered spinal injuries either as a result of personal injury (including road traffic accidents, accidents at work, occupier’s liability claims and fatal accidents) or medical negligence involving both NHS and private clinicians.
Victoria has experience in representing clients who have sustained paraplegic injuries and also represented clients who have higher level tetraplegic injuries. Victoria is mindful of the secondary complications suffered by those who are spinally injured such as neuropathic pain, pressure sores and bowel and bladder complications.
Victoria is passionate about ensuring that her clients receive compensation that properly compensates them for their losses and enjoys the challenge of calculating and proving unusual losses. Wherever possible Victoria aims to obtain early interim payments and rehabilitation for her clients and is experienced in assisting clients with identifying suitable properties for adaption to their individual needs, liaising with case managers and setting up care regimes and therapeutic support.
Victoria’s cases of note include:
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant who sustained a spinal cord injury and below the knee amputation following a fall at work. Settlement was achieved at £4.5 million.
- Achieving a lump sum settlement in excess of £3 million for a below the knee amputation as a result of a motorcycle accident. Liability was disputed. The settlement, which was achieved at a JSM, included provision for loss of earnings (including a loss of chance claim), prosthetics and future care and accommodation.
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant in a liability disputed claim involving a fall from height. The Claimant sustained a brain injury in addition to multiple orthopaedic (including spinal) injuries. Following a settlement meeting the case settled for a six figure sum.
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant injured in a road traffic accident where liability was heavily disputed and subsequently settled at trial [Bennett –v- Southwell  EWHC 2382 (QB)].
- Assistant in the case of a claimant injured as a result of a road traffic accident. The claimant was a high level tetraplegic. Victoria assisted in quantifying and supporting the claimant’s multimillion pound care claim.
Victoria also volunteers for her local branch of the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) and has successfully set up a local scheme providing packs of emergency supplies to families in need.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers