Part of the Brain Injury Team
Sally is an associate in the Adult Brain Injury team. She qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and has been committed to acting for injured claimants ever since. Sally joined Bolt Burdon Kemp in September 2019, working closely with Suzanne Trask and assisted by Rujina Hoque and Victoria Moore.
Sally is experienced in handling all types of medical negligence claims at every stage of litigation and specialises in dealing with complex, high value claims, often for vulnerable clients. Sally is highly motivated to win cases to make a real difference to her client’s lives. She is client focussed and strives to obtain damages and implement rehabilitation as soon as possible.
The mother of a severely brain injured client said, “because of you I have faith in justice” after Sally successfully settled her daughter’s case. She thanked her for her “professionalism, empathy and care”.
Examples of cases that Sally has experience of include:
- Settling a claim for a young woman who was severely brain injured following a failed suicide attempt whilst a psychiatric inpatient;
- Obtaining an admission of liability for a child who sustained a brain injury at birth. Negotiating a substantial interim payment to provide care, suitable accommodation and therapies until he is old enough to have his lifelong future needs assessed.
- Representing at inquest the family of a woman who died shortly after childbirth from a massive obstetric haemorrhage. And thereafter obtaining an admission of liability and successfully settling the clinical negligence claim that provided for suitable care for her young children and allowed her widow to return to work.
- APIL – Senior Litigator
- Acquired Brain Injury London member (ABIL)
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum (UKABIF)