Part of the Brain Injury Team
Cheryl is a personal injury solicitor, and a partner in the Child Brain Injury Team at Bolt Burdon Kemp. She has been with the firm since 2004.
Having spent many years representing claimants with a range of life-changing injuries, Cheryl now acts exclusively for children who have suffered brain injuries in accidents.
As a member of the Law Society’s personal injury panel, Cheryl is recognised as an accredited specialist in personal injury law. Cheryl has received further acclaim over the years from two independent guides to the legal profession, The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. The latest edition of Chambers & Partners 2018 has the following entry for her:
“Cheryl Abrahams is noted by clients are being “really understanding and responsive.” She is especially knowledgeable in the field of traumatic brain injury, and has extensive experience representing children in these cases.”
Previous entries for Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 are as follows:
- [an] “incredibly experienced” solicitor. “She’s got guts and she’s got judgement – she’s got everything you’d want in a lawyer.” – Chambers & Partners, 2017
- “[a] leader in the field of personal injury” – Chambers & Partners, 2016
- “a great strategist, and a genuine believer in her client’s causes”–The Legal 500, 2015
- “Fantastically strategic” – The Legal 500, 2014
- “An efficient and tenacious lawyer.” – The Legal 500, 2013
Cheryl’s clients report that they had “absolute faith from the word go” (Martin Burke) and were “treated with dignity and respect” (Mary Ann Monteith).
Cheryl is extremely passionate about her work on behalf of children with acquired brain injury. The Child Brain Injury Trust invited her to be a Special Ambassador to the charity in 2017 in recognition of her commitment and support.
- The Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (Senior Litigator)
- Child Brain Injury Trust
- Contact a Family
- Headway East London
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum