An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Costs Clerk to join our Costs team.
We are committed to helping people who have suffered serious and life-changing injuries.
You will be assisting with:
- drafting schedules and statements of costs, opening and closing of files, checking disbursements in bills of costs, paying disbursements, serving and lodging bills and billing of solicitors’ fees and disbursements,
- the costs aspects of the firm’s cases and will be working closely with the cost drafting team,
- general administrative tasks with relation to filing such as keeping files in order, lifting and arranging heavy files and archiving.
You will ideally:
- have an interest in law and progressing your career within a law firm. Relevant experience in a similar role and / or some understanding of litigation would be advantageous, but not essential,
- be enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and have excellent I.T. skills along with good analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
In return, we offer the opportunity to excel by providing training, support, supervision and responsibility to match experience. Subject to performance and relevant experience the role will offer successful candidates the opportunity to independently manage claims. Our working environment is demanding, friendly and very flexible.
If you would like to join us, please email your CV with a covering letter stating your relevant experience/skills, notice period (if applicable) and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We are not accepting applications from agencies for this role.