Part of the Medical Negligence Team
Tom is an Associate Solicitor working in our Clinical Negligence team.
Since joining Bolt Burdon Kemp in November 2011, he has developed particular expertise in cases relating to a delay in diagnosis of cancer, orthopaedic trauma and claims where there is a fatality. Tom also assists Suzanne Trask on high value and complex claims including those involving brain injuries.
Tom has a particular interest in assisting claimants with inquest investigations where there is a clinical negligence claim, and has represented many families at hearings.
- Achieving a six figure settlement for a client with life changing lower limb orthopaedic injuries
- A claim regarding a death in a secure mental health unit
- A claim following a delay in diagnosis of a large kidney tumour, in which he obtained cutting edge Cyberknife radiotherapy treatment for the claimant
- Obtained a six figure settlement for a family following the death of their husband and father. The patient was sent home from an Urgent Care Centre, despite two abnormal ECGs suggesting a heart attack. He later suffered a fatal heart attack at home.
- Litigator – APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)