Part of the Medical Negligence Team
Hannah is a solicitor in the Medical Negligence team. She joined the firm as a newly qualified solicitor in March 2015.
She has her own mixed case load of medical negligence cases acting for both adults and children involving claims against GPs, orthopaedic cases, delays in diagnosis and surgical errors.
She has particular experience in cases involving gynaecological treatment and women’s health issues. She has, for example, acted for patients who have suffered from vaginal injuries during child birth, delays in diagnosing gynaecological cancers and surgical errors following prolapse injuries or hysterectomies. She recently settled a claim for negligent cosmetic breast surgery against a private Harley Street surgeon in which the patient sustained scarring and psychiatric injury.
She acts for families of patients who have died due to medical negligence. She feels passionately about the injustice of such limited compensation being available to bereaved families and the lack of funding for families at inquests and is campaigning to highlight this and fighting to change the law.
Hannah works closely with Tom Gough on more complex matters involving fatal and cancer cases. She also assists Suzanne Trask with various high value claims.
Some of the cases on which Hannah is currently working on include:
- Acting for several Claimants against a Consultant Gynaecologist under investigation for harm to over 200 patients, a few of which have now settled.
- Acting for several Claimants in two other group actions against firstly, a disgraced Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon and secondly, a Consultant Uro-Gynaecologist.
- Acting for a bereaved family after negligent cardio-thoracic surgery and care sadly led to the avoidable death of their father and husband. This action is currently in Court.
Hannah completed her law degree at Kingston University and then attended the College of Law at weekends whilst she worked as a personal injury paralegal to complement her studies. She completed her training at a large regional firm gaining experience in complex serious injury claims and medical negligence working alongside senior solicitors.
- Litigator – Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Action Against Medical Accidents
- Association of Women Lawyers