Part of the Brain Injury Team
Cheryl is a personal injury solicitor, and a partner in the Child Brain Injury Team at Bolt Burdon Kemp. She has been with the firm since 2004.
Having spent many years representing claimants with a range of life-changing injuries, Cheryl now acts exclusively for children who have suffered brain injuries in accidents.
As a member of the Law Society’s personal injury panel, Cheryl is recognised as an accredited specialist in personal injury law. Cheryl has received further acclaim from two independent guides to the legal profession, The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. The latest edition of Chambers & Partners 2017 has the following entry for her:
[an] “incredibly experienced” solicitor who focuses on representing clients who have suffered brain injuries, with marked expertise in representing child claimants. She is highlighted for her “deftness of touch in handling the most complex claims” and for “really caring about her clients.” Sources add: “She’s got guts and she’s got judgement – she’s got everything you’d want in a lawyer.”
Previous entries for Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 are as follows:
- “[a] leader in the field of personal injury” – Chambers & Partners, 2016
- “a great strategist, and a genuine believer in her client’s causes”–The Legal 500, 2015
- “Fantastically strategic” – The Legal 500, 2014
- “An efficient and tenacious lawyer.” – The Legal 500, 2013
Cheryl’s clients report that they had “absolute faith from the word go” (Martin Burke) and were “treated with dignity and respect” (Mary Ann Monteith).
Cheryl is extremely passionate about her work on behalf of children with acquired brain injuries, and works in partnership with The Child Brain Injury Trust and Cerebra.
- The Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (Senior Litigator)
- Child Brain Injury Trust
- Contact a Family
- Headway East London
- UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum